We currently have around 550 educational agencies/consultancies which are trusted and valued members of the British Boarding Schools' Network. In additional we have 230+ British boarding school members.
Our market-leading services provide the tools and resources to make it easy and cost-effective for schools and agencies to build and develop strong partnerships to successfully recruit/place boarding students from all over the world.
There is no charge for agents to become members, however, all agents have to meet our strict membership criteria, which includes triple-reference checking and an interview before they can be granted membership of our valuable Network.
The way we deliver our membership services to agents can be explained under three headings:
- Members' portal: agent members have access to valuable resources on the portal including a database of 230+ member schools with detailed profiles and a unique search facility.
- School profiles: Each member school has a detailed profile which provides information which is not available on their public websites, such as a detailed breakdown of their pupil numbers, numbers of boarders and international boarders and a breakdown of boarders' nationalities. Agents can search using detailed criteria such as course subjects, activities, facilities, type of school, educational programmes, specialisms, fees, facilities, location and much more. Agents can view profiles with content such as pupil data, curriculum information, testimonials, videos and photos, then download a short profile with all of the key facts and figures they need to consider schools for families. Schools documents such as prospectuses, curriculum guides and inspection reports are accessible on the profiles - all in one place. Agents really value the ease of the site and it saves them time and resources when searching for the right school for client families. There is no other search facility which enables agents to find British boarding schools in this way, and as a result we have hundreds of trusted agents using the site each week.
- Communication tools: In just a few minutes, you can quickly and easily send enquiries about applications, news and event information to more than 350 admission staff in 225 member schools via the Announcement facility. The announcement is emailed to the staff so you can quickly and easily keep them up to date and be visible in the community. You can also send targeted emails to select groups of schools based on search criteria or to your own pre-defined groups of schools. This is even more essential when you can't visit. We update the database on a daily basis so you can be sure the staff information is accurate.
- Members' Portal: Our online portal provides agents with the tools and resources they need to work successfully with British boarding schools and to develop this area as a key area of their business. As well as the database of schools, the Knowledge Zone gives access to information relating to British boarding schools, immigration, visas, guardianship and more.
- Regular Email Updates: All of our member agents receive regular email updates from our team ensuring you keep up to date with what is happening in the sector. We also share news from our partners such as Fragomen who specialise in immigration and visas.
- Discussion Forums - regular Zoom discussion forums on topics such as Covid and the new immigration routes enable our community to navigate these issues together in a supportive, collaborative way.
- Professional Development - A regular programme of webinars keeps staff in member agencies up to date and helps to develop their knowledge and skills to support them in their roles. Topics covered have included: immigration, visas and compliance, meeting Heads in member schools and masterclasses.
- Networking is at the heart of what we do. Our business started in 2006 when we set up the British Boarding Schools' Workshop as a networking event for schools and agents, and the company has grown since to provide a wider range of services.
- Attendance at the British Boarding Schools' Workshops (BBSW): The BBSW has a global reputation as a quality event, bringing together trusted educational agents and staff from British boarding schools to develop successful partnerships based on mutual cooperation and understanding. Prior to Covid, the BBSW was run twice a year in March and November at the Radisson Blu Edwardian Hotel at Heathrow, with 90+ British boarding schools and 110+ agents from all over the world. During Covid the events are being run virtually. All agents who take part in the BBSW events (live and virtual) are members of BBSN. Agents who wish to take part must complete the application procedure before they can be considered for a place.
- Networking days exclusively for members. The networking days enhance the meetings that take place at the British Boarding Schools' Workshops as they provide plenty of time over refreshments and lunch to network, make new contacts and build on existing partnerships. They also provide a valuable chance to meet colleagues from other agencies and to learn from each other. Attending agents can take a tour of the host school and can provide market updates to share knowledge with schools. Details of events are sent to members.
- Be Supported - we provide personal support to members on a regular basis via a one to one or team meeting on Zoom, acting as an independent sounding board and can provide advice and ideas for members.
To apply for BBSN membership, please click on the link below. We require a completed application form with three referees and we will set up a Zoom interview with our Director, Suzanne Rowse. There is no charge for agents to become members.
Join BBS network